How to prepare for your service(s)
1. **Exfoliation and Preparation:**
- Start by exfoliating your skin a day or two before your spray tan appointment. This helps remove dead skin cells and create a smooth surface for the tan to adhere to.
- Avoid using oil-based exfoliants, as they can create a barrier on the skin and prevent the tan from developing evenly.
2. **Waxing and Shaving:**
- If you plan to wax or shave, do so at least 24 hours before your spray tan appointment to avoid potential irritation and uneven tanning.
- Wear loose, dark clothing to your appointment to prevent the tan from rubbing off onto your clothes.
- You can also opt to wear a disposable thong or bikini bottom provided by the salon, or go au naturel if you're comfortable.
4. **Pre-Tan Prep:**
- Remove makeup, deodorant, and moisturizers before your session. These can create barriers that hinder the tan's development.
5. **During the Tan:**
- Follow the technician's instructions for poses. They will guide you to stand in various positions to ensure an even tan application.
- Common poses include standing with arms slightly away from your body, turning your body to the side, bending knees slightly, and lifting your chin to expose your neck.
6. **Face and Hands:**
- Follow the technician's guidance on how to position your face, including closing your eyes, pursing your lips, and keeping your chin up.
- The same goes for your hands. Depending on the type of tan you're getting, you might be asked to position your hands in different ways to avoid over-tanning them.
- After the spray tan, avoid sweating, swimming, or getting wet for the recommended time provided by the technician (usually around 8-12 hours).
- Moisturize daily to maintain the tan's longevity, but avoid oil-based moisturizers that can cause fading.
- Pat your skin dry after showering, and avoid excessive scrubbing.
8. **Avoiding Contact:**
- Be cautious with tight clothing, bras, and bags after the tan, as these can cause friction and potentially rub off the tan prematurely.
- Be mindful of seat belts, as they can also rub against the skin and cause uneven fading.
- Some areas might need touch-ups after the initial tan develops. Consult with your technician for guidance on how to address any uneven areas.
10. **Maintaining Your Tan:**
- Stay hydrated and moisturized to extend the life of your tan.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to chlorinated water, as it can cause the tan to fade faster.
Remember that following the technician's instructions and communicating your preferences and concerns will help ensure you achieve the best spray tan results. Each technician and salon might have slightly different instructions, so it's always a good idea to ask for guidance during your appointment.